Wednesday 31 December 2014

Review: Little Dipper Underskirt

This is a product review for a Little Dipper underskirt I purchased from Taobao a few months ago! I did my Taobao order through Taobao Trends, but there are many other shopping services (SS) you can use. I placed my order at the end of October and I didn't receive my order until a few days before Christmas. As little dipper custom makes their underskirts there is a bit of a wait time for them, which is what held up my order. It took almost 2 months to reach me in Canada, so make sure you time your order accordingly.

This underskirt was approximately $40 USD plus the cost of shipping. I ordered a white underskirt that is 60 centimetres in length. You can also order the underskirts in lengths of 50cm, 55cm, 68cm, and 80cms. They offer quite a good selection of colors as well! I bought it to use with my shorter dresses and perhaps as a casual petticoat with some of my longer dresses. As I am approximately 182cm tall, this underskirt is close to knee length on me.




So here is the underskirt! The fabric it is made out of is soft and flowing, and this underskirt is full enough to be used as a small petticoat. They custom made the waist measurement to my own (72cm) but I was happy to see that the waist elastic is not super tight, so it won't dig in or be uncomfortable during all day wear. I am also happy with the shade of white. I was worried it might be -too- white, but I would say its a slight off-white shade.




Here is what the underskirt looks like if the underskirt is used as a small or casual petticoat. It's not a huge difference but I like that it fills the shape of the dress out a little more. Layered on top of a petticoat it can also add a bit extra poof to your dress. This dress is a long (108cm) Innocent World dress.



Lastly, here is the underskirt used with a short (93cm) Innocent World dress with and without a petticoat (A-line). I love how the extra layers of ruffles look with the dress! It makes a dress that would have been a bit short on me knee length. I think I might try ordering a 55cm underskirt next as I prefer my dresses to be slightly above knee length.


Summary

Quality: 5/5
Price: 5/5
Sizing: 5/5 

I love that they custom make each underskirt and offer a variety of lengths. Really the only bad thing I can say about the Little Dipper underskirts is that they take a while to produce, but they are great quality and a reasonable price so its definitely worth the wait! I plan to order a few more now that I know I will be happy with them.


I hope you found this review helpful!
If you have any questions please leave them in the comments!









No comments:

Post a Comment